it's right behind you don't move
Ten rape prevention tips:
1. Don’t put drugs in women’s drinks.
2. When you see a woman walking by herself, leave her alone.
3. If you pull over to help a woman whose car has broken down, remember not to rape her.
4. If you are in an elevator and a woman gets in, don’t rape her.
5. When you encounter a woman who is asleep, the safest course of action is to not rape her.
6. Never creep into a woman’s home through an unlocked door or window, or spring out at her from between parked cars, or rape her.
7. Remember, people go to the laundry room to do their laundry. Do not attempt to molest someone who is alone in a laundry room.
8. Use the Buddy System! If it is inconvenient for you to stop yourself from raping women, ask a trusted friend to accompany you at all times.
9. Carry a rape whistle. If you find that you are about to rape someone, blow the whistle until someone comes to stop you.
10. Don’t forget: Honesty is the best policy. When asking a woman out on a date, don’t pretend that you are interested in her as a person; tell her straight up that you expect to be raping her later. If you don’t communicate your intentions, the woman may take it as a sign that you do not plan to rape her."
Anonymous said: Can a man be a feminist?
There are different schools of thought on this. Whether the title is male feminist or male ally, I firmly believe that men do not get to assign this title to themselves, and it is not a permanent state for them because of their privilege. You can at times be acting as a male ally/feminist, and other times you will fail to act as a male ally/feminist. But you do not get to claim the identity for yourself.
I like this
amillionthingsicouldsay said: You say you're against liberal feminism. What does that mean? How do you define "liberals" or "liberal feminists/feminism"?
I’m against liberal feminism because I’m against liberalism. I’m a socialist, I don’t think we can achieve liberation from men in in a capitalist society even one with regulations.
Liberal feminism doesn’t really threaten the status quo and doesn’t commit. It believes that the most effective way for women to stop being oppressed is through the state - legal methods. It doesn’t see the state as an inherently violent patriarchal tool in of itself and reforming an inherently violent patriarchal tool can only take us so far.
Of course its important to focus on the world we live in now and ideological purity at the expense of how I actually live is ridiculous.
Lberal feminism believes that the problem isn’t that men have the power to hurt and abuse, but rather than women don’t also have access to that power (eg: defending Hillary Clinton who supports imperialist policies in the global south, being super thrilled about women who break through the glass ceiling to own car companies that cover up murder).
Liberal feminism wants women to have access to the same power as men. I don’t. I think the power and societal advantages men have are born via violence are not exactly what I think a just world needs.
Liberal feminism views equality as a step-by-painful-step process of an individual woman (particularly white, Western women) stepping on the backs of other women to get more power and has this weird belief that sisterhood will make them turn around and help someone else up instead of safeguarding their own power.
Liberal feminism is individualistic. Liberal feminism is ineffective. Liberal feminism prioritizes certain women’s lives over others. Liberal feminism says things like “i’m not an angry lesbian hair feminist so you should take me seriously because I love men”. Liberal feminism says that it isn’t men they’re angry at but the patriarchy (exactly what is the patriarchy made of, ghosts???). Liberal feminism doesn’t name the problem and doesn’t see things as systemic.
Modern, mainstream feminism taught us that being a feminist wasn’t a bad thing. It had shiny book covers, it had feminist diet tips, it was finally sexy and accessible. Guilt free feminism, just like how we were told we could finally eat sweet food – guilt free – because it didn’t really have sugar.
But I’m the twenty one year old feminist who diets, and hates her body and wears red lipstick. And I feel so betrayed and hurt mainstream feminism. I’m sick of my rapes being theorized. I’m sick of feminism that teaches me to take pride in how men want to fuck me. I’m sick of a feminism that teaches me that the goal is get rich and be pretty.
Mainstream feminism also taught us that our anger was bad or at the very least ineffective. Of course it also taught us that the trick wasn’t to beat the system but to survive it by throwing other women under the bus. To survive it by creating a cognitive dissonance. Modern, mainstream feminism and the college educated Western women who controlled it managed to go on talk shows because their anger wasn’t going to be directed at destroying the world that patriarchy has built. It has mostly been about their outrage they weren’t allowed a special access pass.