- Before age 15, “a majority of first intercourse experiences among females are reported to be non-voluntary*.” [source]
- A detailed qualitative study of girls’ loss of virginity found that they “were almost all quite negative (and, in some cases, horrific).* [source]
- Of adolescents engaging in oral sex only, girls were twice as likely as boys to report feeling bad about themselves and nearly three times as likely to feel used. [source]
- Fathers of babies born to teens are often significantly older than their female partners. It is estimated that, among girls who have given birth to a child by age 15, 39 percent of the fathers are between the ages of 20 and 29.* [source]
- The age gap between teen mothers and their male partners is particularly striking among the youngest adolescents. Among mothers ages 11 to 12, fathers are on average 9.8 years older, and among mothers ages 13 to 14, fathers are on average 4.6 years older.* [source]
*AKA rape, but notice the soft, diminishing language used.